środa, 28 czerwca 2017

Fear of abandonment

You could feel guilty about getting angry about being afraid of being in love. Multi-layered craziness, baby.
But what about the vulnerability? This self-awareness is nice, but if you’re unable or too afraid to express these realizations to your partner, then your partner will continue to perceive you as a neurotic, relationship-sabotaging (son of a) bitch. But if you work up the cojones/ovaries to tell your partner, “Look, I’m a bit of a headcase when it comes to commitment, and I only get like this because I like you so much. I’m sorry if I push you away. I’m going to try not to, but just know that I have some issues and this is what usually happens.”
Boom, trust hits a whole new level. Intimacy through the roof. Sweet, sweet lovemaking squared. And not only does your partner respect you for sharing your problems with them, but chances are they’ll come to love that flaw as part of you as well. Meta-awesomeness at its finest.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz