piątek, 1 maja 2020

Writing authenticity rawness

If I had written to seek the world’s favor, I should have bedecked myself better, and should present myself in a studied posture. I want to be seen here in my simple, natural, ordinary fashion, without straining or artifice; for it is myself that I portray. My defects will here be read to the life, and also my natural form, as far as respect for the public has allowed. Had I been placed among those nations which are said to live still in the sweet freedom of nature’s first laws, I assure you I should very gladly have portrayed myself here entire and wholly naked.
Publishing anything always makes you feel exposed, if not naked. That’s understandable cause for trepidation, yet there’s something freeing about it as well.
At any rate, I’ve tried my best to “speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.”

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz